Baker Hughes, Singapore
Baker Hughes Singapore original facility was built in 1978. There was further plan in 2010 to house all individual business units with buildings. The upgrading was also target to adhere to the latest Fire Safety requirement.
This Addition and Alteration Project was awarded to our Singapore office – GSIB PTE LTD as Design and Build Contract and finally completed at $10,500,000.00 included additional works that came along the way.
The project was completed with the following challenges:
- We have managed to comply to Authority’s building requirements, despite the fact that the building is already more than 30 years old.
- The project was delivered within 13 months.
- The project was also delivered within the agreed Guaranteed Maximum Price, GMP, even with a saving of $1,100,000.00 that was eventually shared between the owner and contractor.
- Executing the A & A work for the workshop floor while the employees carried on with their daily operation and production.
- Additional extension of existing staff lounge building of approximately 2000 square feet within 10 weeks – including foundation work, steel structure, architecture and interior fit-out.